Haloumi, Courgette, Quinoa & Mint Salad
A bit of fried haloumi jazzes up any salad situation. This combo with raw zucchini, snow peas, quinoa, mint and a lemony dressing is an easy way to get your greens in.
Haloumi, Courgette and Mint Salad
Ready in: 15 mins
Dietary: DF, GF, VEG | VGN Adaptable
3 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp dijon mustard
1 tsp honey
sea salt and black pepper, to taste
2 medium courgette/zucchini
200g snow peas
⅓ cup fresh mint leaves
1 cup cooked quinoa
- Mix all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Use a vegetable peeler or mandolin to slice the courgette into thin ribbons.
- Trim the ends of the snow peas and diagonally cut into 1cm slices.
- Roughly chop the mint leaves into strips.
- Heat a frying pan to med-high heat and slice the haloumi into 1.5cm strips. Place the slices into the hot pan and cook for a few minutes on each side until browned. Cut the cooked haloumi into bite-sized chunks.
- Toss the courgette ribbons, snow peas, mint, quinoa, haloumi and dressing in a large bowl and transfer to your serving dish.